Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Through My Child's Eyes

I wake to the sound of his cooing and calling for me, "Mama" is his newest discovery into the world of language, I walk to his bed and sing to him good morning as he reaches for me with squinted eyes and a proud smile I pick him up and hold him close as he snuggles deeply into my grasp. We cozy back up in bed with Daddy and are eyes lock as he nurses, only stopping every once in a while to give a big smile and turn to make sure his father is still there beside him.

In just five short days my baby will be 11 months old and as quickly as I type this he is turning from my tiny baby into a precocious little boy. Over the past eleven months I have had the most incredible chance to see things through a child's eyes again. Everything in sight becomes a moment of awe struck amazement, the simplest of things is a deep exploration into the world around him and along side him, his father and I witnessing these momentary miracles into the discovery of childhood.



As "grown ups" we so quickly lose sight of the beauty and adventure of this world we live in. We take for granted the simple joys of life and replace them with obligations and stress filled moments of image and success. We neglect the pure need for truth and instead go the "easy" route when things become challenging. If we all take a moment to look at our own lives through the eyes of a child we will see things in a very different light.


The car we drive that in our eyes seems old, ugly, and unworthy is an incredible, magical machine that takes us places and makes cool sounds and has cool lights through a child's eyes.


The house we live in that seems to be not as nice or as clean as our friends home in our eyes, is a loving, warm, safe place where family spends time together through a child's eyes.


Time in our "grown up" eyes is limited and needs to be put to the most productive use... we never have "time" to enjoy things. Time in a child's eyes is everlasting! It is a concept that doesn't even pertain to the thoughts of a young child and the idea of not having time to explore, play, cuddle, laugh, and sit in silent peaceful love with family is non-existent.


I am learning more than I ever have and appreciating my life, my time, and each magical moment I have to know and be with my family as I spend each day looking at my truest blessing, my son and striving to see my world through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers