Thursday, November 18, 2010

Simplicity

The beauty and simplicity that is all around us and yet is often not noticed or appreciated! This is just miles from our home and an incredibly peaceful place, In all the years I have lived here... I don't recall ever going here before, how sad    

There are moments in every day where my mind gets caught up in the material world and without thinking I am comparing my life in terms of "stuff" to other people. This is not the way I strive to live, nor the way that I intend on spending my time. I am most fulfilled and happiest when my life is full of simplicity! Remembering the importance of spending time with loved ones and soaking in the glory of our surroundings and our love no matter what we "have" or where we are!
 
A simple smile can melt your heart and instill hope! Watching Hayden explore this world from the sun shining bright above him to the leaves crunching beneath him I am reminded that the simplicity of living in each moment and deeply breathing in the peace of our surroundings is enough to bring peace within and make my soul smile :)
Today I held A beautiful seven week old baby boy and cuddled his plump little body as the corners of his mouth curled up into a sleepy smile full of peace. All he needs in his life to be perfectly satisfied is his loving family. I know that things undoubtedly become more challenging as we grow up, but the basics are still there. All we need to be satisfied and to thrive are loved ones in our lives, willing to protect, challenge, love, and question us as we go through life learning and loving with our whole selves, always striving to reach deeper within ourselves instead of striving to reach monetary or social glory.  
If every grown up would take a second to lay in a pile of leaves... listening to them crunch, smelling the crisp autumn air, and gazing into the clear blue sky...we would have a much happier, peaceful group of grown ups!

loving and laughing together
Picking the perfect pumpkin with daddy

 My days consist of playing, dancing, reading, singing, cooking, cleaning, creating, cuddling, kissing, comforting, teaching, and loving.They are full of noise and silence, chaos and peace. They are spent with children and family creating memories that will last a lifetime. A simple life. My life!


2 comments:

Followers