Saturday, January 1, 2011

The first morning of a new year.... a good sign!

Still feeling achy and tired the cries of an early riser in the house would normally make me throw the blankets off and stumble in to greet this loud little person, but this morning to my amazement before I peeled my eyes apart, the calling out stopped and instead I heard the sweet sound of a father greeting his son good morning. 

Still wrapped in my big cozy blanket and eyes gently shut I feel the warmth and excitement of this little baby crawling on top of me trying to figure out how to get beneath the blankets.

I open my eyes and smile, "good morning my love"! His response is merely an eye squinting grin beneath his soother and a head tilting little giggle as if to say... there you are mommy, Good Morning!

We lay together as he nurses, embracing the reality that it is now an entirely new year! 2011, how exactly did that happen? I practice everyday to keep myself in the present, enjoying each moment and trying not to let anything slip through my fingers... I believe I have succeeded in this practice and still, with the blink of an eye, a year has ended and the pages have turned, another year has now begun.

While I soak up these moments cuddling Hayden while he is still slightly still, I hear music from the living room and noises that resemble one of two things... a mess being made or a mess being cleaned. Silently wishing it was the later of the two, Hayden and I cautiously make our way out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

There he is, standing in the kitchen a cheesy grin on his face and a silly dance in his feet... cleaning the kitchen, laundry already in and ready to wash the floors. 6:30 in the morning on Saturday, New Years Day and all is right in the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers